Call for applications: EI2-SHES Project Manager/Industrial Hygienist: Occupational Health/Industrial Hygiene. This position directly supports the extension, service, and economic development missions of Georgia Tech to the State of Georgia and beyond. As part of the Georgia Tech Enterprise Innovation Institute (EI2), primarily this role provides consultative services in the areas of Safety, Health, and Environmental Services (SHES). EI2 Occupational Health professionals provide consulting to small businesses in the state of Georgia under a grant from the Department of Labor-OSHA and in conjunction with the Georgia Tech Onsite OSHA Consultation program. This position will specialize in occupational health and industrial engineering services to EI2-SHES clients.
For more information about EI2 and the SHES Program see: https://innovate.gatech.edu/ [innovate.gatech.edu] & https://oshainfo.gatech.edu/ [oshainfo.gatech.edu]
Hiring Manager for this Role: Jenny Houlroyd (firstname.lastname@example.org)
For more information and to apply see:
Apex Companies is one of the fastest growing environmental consulting and engineering firms in the US. Apex is hiring an industrial hygienist / assistant project manager position for their Kennesaw, Georgia office. For additional details and to apply: https://j.brt.mv/jb.do?reqGK=27489870&refresh=true.
Northrop Grumman’s Advanced Technology Laboratories (ATL) in Linthicum, MD, is seeking a Principal/Sr. Principal EHS Engineer to support occupational health programs. Full details regarding the position are available at the Northrop Grumman Career page, https://www.northropgrumman.com/careers/experienced-professionals/ [northropgrumman.com]. To find it, select "SEARCH ALL US JOBS". Then search by keyword "Industrial Hygienist".
Key roles and responsibilities include:
Anyone who might be interested can contact John L. Parker, CIH at this email address: email@example.com
Another great opportunity for those looking.
Colden Corporation is seeking an EHS Specialist to work out of our Atlanta, Georgia office supporting TV/Film production and other clients. This is a full-time position working within a dynamic consulting environment. You will work closely with a team of CIHs and CSPs, providing opportunities for growth and a path towards your certification(s), if desired.
Do you enjoy safety implementation, training and travel? Are you an organized and efficient manager of safety policies? Are you a “hands-on” person that enjoys working in a team environment? As Safety Director with ESG Operations, Inc. you will be able to use your skills and knowledge to make a difference in your company and community.
The Safety & Risk Management Director will work at the ESG Operations, Inc. Corporate Office in Macon, GA. You will lead the implementation and management of ESG Corporate Safety Policies and Risk Management Program; manage the safety audit and risk assessment program; and manage, coordinate, and conduct safety training. We are looking for you to be able to travel up to 50% of the time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Maintain accident-injury records and related costs and loss in coordination with existing systems and reporting; maintains departmental safety reporting system to include reports and follow-up, and statistical analysis of work-related injuries in order to make recommendations for reducing such injuries.
The purpose of this position is to ensure Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) compliance, focusing on occupational safety programs. Responsible for managing and administering company policies and procedures to support Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards, other local/state/federal EHS regulations, and industry best practices to ensure compliance across regionalized Southern Company Gas employee work groups and territories (including non-reg).
This position is part of a job family of individual contributor positions that spans from entry level safety compliance positions (i.e., recent college grad) through seasoned safety professionals with decades of knowledge and experience, and substantial budgetary responsibility. The three position titles 1) Specialist I, Safety Compliance; 2) Specialist II, Safety Compliance; and 3) Specialist Sr. Safety Compliance will be based on years of experience and/or education; demonstrated knowledge, skills & ability; complexity of programs administered, risk and responsibility, and budgetary value managed. Additionally, competency criticality is elevated with each position with higher risk elements.
•BA/BS degree in Occupational Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Engineering or other related technical or science degree
Certification such as CSP (Certified Safety Professional), CIH (Certified Industrial Hygienist), PMP (Project Management Professional) or equivalent
Related Work Experience:
Specialist I, Safety Compliance
· Minimum of 1-2 years experience in occupational safety, motor vehicle safety, process/contractor safety, and/or industrial hygiene
· Working knowledge of OSHA/DOT regulations and programs
· Implements safety programs and initiatives to field operations employees/contractors
· Utilizes compliance software systems and databases
· Develops and conducts safety related training and presentations
· Presents safety related data and proposed action plans to leadership to improve safety performance
· Equivalent academic education and experience
Specialist II, Safety Compliance
· Minimum of 2-4 years experience in occupational safety, motor vehicle safety, process/contractor safety, and/or industrial hygiene
Specialist Sr., Safety Compliance
· Minimum of 4-6 years experience in occupational safety, motor vehicle safety, process/contractor safety, and/or industrial hygiene
Specific Skills & Knowledge:
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Knowledge of safe work practices and procedures
· MS Office Suite - intermediate proficiency, ability to learn other databases and technology tools quickly
· Project management skills
· Strong organizational and time management skills
· Ability to manage multiple projects with limited supervision
· Ability to understand and analyze legislation and regulation and translate into corporate summaries and policy
· Competency to work independently, to be a self-starter, and take initiative
· Strong presentation and team facilitation skills
Specialist II, Safety Compliance
· Strong leadership skills
· MS Office Suite – intermediate proficiency, ability to learn other databases and technology tools quickly
· Ability to implement Safety Culture programs to improve safety performance
· Strong leadership skills and skills
· Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate to all levels of the organization
· MS Office Suite – advanced proficiency, ability to learn other databases and technology tools quickly
· Strong competence in implementation of Safety Culture programs to improve safety performance
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
· Travel requirements: 20-50% local and overnight air travel.
· On-call duties: Ability to respond to urgent EHS issues when contacted.
· Physical demands: Prolonged Standing or Walking: This position requires frequently prolonged standing and/or walking.
· Ability to lift up to 15 pounds.
· Work environment: office environment and may be exposed to varying outdoor weather conditions when working with field operations, conducting facility inspections, facilitating assessments, etc.
· Shift work: Ability to work day and night shift may be required.
Director, Corporate Safety
Southern Company Gas - Process Safety Engineer
The purpose of this position is to ensure effective administration of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration’s (OSHA) Process Safety Management (PSM) program as “Best Practice” guidelines for Southern Company Gas facilities and operations. Responsible for development, management, and administration of PSM corporate policies and procedures for applicable business units such as Peaking Operations, Midstream Operations, Gas Supply Operations, etc. Functions as a program/project manager for PSM activities such as hazard assessments, change management, and start-up reviews to ensure the safety and reliability of Southern CompanyGas facilities, equipment, and processes.
Works independently on complex assignments that require specialized knowledge in an engineering or process safety discipline. Assigned tasks often involve the development of new or improved products/processes or techniques. Generally functions as project or program manager.
•BA/BS degree in Engineering, Process Safety, Industrial Hygiene or other related technical or science degree
Preferred: Certification such as CSP (Certified Safety Professional), PE (Professional Engineer), PMP (Project Management Professional) or equivalent
Equivalent academic education and experience
· 5-7 years of progressive Engineering and Process Safety experience
· Practical experience for field application of safety programs
· Working knowledge of OSHA regulations and programs
· Conducting safety related assessments and inspections
· Safety related regulation interpretation and developing appropriate corporate safety policies
· Use and configuration of compliance software systems and databases
· Safety related training and presentations
Specific Skills& Knowledge:
· Working knowledge of applicable Federal and State regulations (e.g. OSHA)
· Ability to understand and analyze legislation and regulation and translate into corporate policy
· Ability to influence and persuade in decision making
• Travel requirements: Regular (20-50% travel) Traveler: The incumbent may be required to travel on a regular basis. Trips will likely require air travel and/or overnight stay away from home for one or more nights.
• On-call duties: Must be able to respond to urgent EHS issues when contacted on mobile communication device as issues arise including after hours.
• Physical demands: Prolonged Standing or Walking: This position frequently requires prolonged standing or walking.
• Work environment: The incumbent works in an office environment and may be exposed to varying outdoor weather conditions when working with field operations, conducting facility inspections, facilitating assessments, etc.
Senior Industrial Hygienist
HazTek Inc. is one of the nation’s largest and most experienced occupational health and safety management firms. We are known for our professional consulting services and premium safety training and we are trusted for our effectiveness in keeping workers safe today – so employees and businesses will be here tomorrow. HazTek is growing and currently seeking outstanding performers to join our team.
HazTek was recently honored by Inc. Magazine — for the fifth time — as one of America’s fastest-growing private companies. In 2018, HazTek was recognized by NJBIZ as one of New Jersey’s Top 250 privately-held companies.
We offer competitive compensation and a great benefits package including, but not limited to, medical, dental, life insurance, long-term disability, paid time off, 401(k), professional development, and education assistance. Please go to www.haztekinc.com to learn more about our Company.
The key functions of the Sr. Industrial Hygienist is to support specific project needs and ensure that best practices are implemented, safety compliance requirements are met, and an improved safety culture and performance is delivered across a large, heavy industrial construction project.
Experience preferred in the following areas:
Integrity | Compassion | Dependability | Support | Accountability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status
Interested candidates should contact:
Kevin J. McMahon, CIH
Director, Technical Services
143 Medford Mount Holly Road
Medford, NJ 08055
This job is an opportunity to be a CSS project manager with the CDC's hazardous waste management program. For more information follow this link: https://jobs-css.icims.com/jobs/2090/project-manager%2c-hazardous-waste-management-program/job [jobs-css.icims.com]
The Vertex Companies, Inc. (VERTEX) is looking for an experienced Industrial Hygienist to join the Industrial Hygiene & Building Sciences team for our Ft. Lauderdale, Florida office. We are seeking industrial hygienists experienced and certified in Industrial Hygiene exposure monitoring, indoor air quality monitoring, and Asbestos and Mold sampling and mitigation management. VERTEX is a rapidly growing, multi-national consulting firm that is experiencing exponential growth, and we’re looking to augment our team of talented individuals. The individual we are looking for will enjoy the challenge of working on multiple projects on a fast-paced schedule, working with senior staff, and providing field oversight on a variety of projects. More specific details are described below.
Knowledge & Skills
IH Job Posting Sites
© Georgia Local Section, AIHA