SMART Safety Gulf Coast
Link to Job Posting: Employee Portal (palagroup.com)
The industrial hygienist will be responsible for ensuring a safe environmental and health workplace. The industrial hygienist will be responsible for assessing the workplace for hazards and driving corrective actions where necessary. The industrial hygienist will review and develop project/site specific job safety plans.
- Monitors, assesses, and resolves health and safety issues in the work environment.
- Identifies and evaluates chemical and biological dangers such as air quality, ergonomic challenges, or dangerous sound levels.
- Implements applicable occupational health and safety regulations and procedures.
- Creates and presents reports regarding the work environment.
- Recommends precautions and corrective actions that should be taken in response to identified hazards.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Perform industrial hygiene activities including, but not limited to, conducting air sampling, noise monitoring/surveying, etc.
- Develop and maintain project/site specific environmental, health, and safety plans including sampling work plans, employee exposure plans, safe work practices, etc.
- Review hazardous product safety data sheets and develop job/task safety plans to ensure safe work practices.
- Maintain and ensure accuracy of testing/monitoring equipment and supplies.
- Maintain compliance with environmental, health, and safety policies as well as all applicable federal, state, and local regulations.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Extensive knowledge of safety and health hazards.
- Ability to identify potential health and safety risks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to address industrial hygiene issues with management and coworkers.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Toxicology, Occupational Safety & Health, or other science related field.
- One year of related experience required
If you have any trouble applying please call (225)272-5194.