About the job
https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3046859900/?refId=8n37lmd37AFBL2%2BdpJDz0g%3D%3DOverview / Responsibilities
Wood’s Atlanta, Georgia office is looking for an Entry-Level Industrial Hygienist/Environmental Health & Safety candidate to join an experienced team of environmental health and safety professionals in Atlanta, Georgia. You will be providing full-time industrial hygiene support for a variety of interesting projects under the direction of Senior Professionals in a collaborative team environment.
Primary Responsibilities :
Skills / Qualifications
- Perform industrial hygiene assessments for potential health hazards at client workplaces including evaluations for chemicals, particulates, noise, mold, asbestos, ventilation (basic knowledge of industrial hygiene instrumentation is needed;
- Conduct industrial hygiene exposure assessments including walk-through surveys, inspections, source, and air sampling, worker exposure monitoring, and hazard control evaluations;
- Prepare concise technical reports on the assessments conducted and provide recommendations to eliminate or reduce workplace hazards;
- Interpret routine industrial hygiene requirements and regulations;
- Assist Senior Industrial Hygienists/EHS staff and client EHS management staff in coordinating, planning, and executing projects; and
- Responsible for the quality of his/her work and satisfying client specifications.
Experience and Skills Preferred :
- Bachelor of Science degree in industrial hygiene or related field with industrial hygiene course work completed. (Environmental science/engineering programs also considered);
- A minimum of two years of experience performing industrial hygiene assessments in manufacturing, consulting, or similar is preferred;
- Knowledge of industry occupational safety and health regulations for general industry settings is preferred;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work with others at all levels of the organization;
- Ability to deliver high-quality work on time;
- Ability to work on multiple projects at a time;
- A strong desire and willingness to learn new skills;
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office products (e.g., Microsoft Word, Project, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint) and other digital tools and their use; and
- Must be able to pass a drug test.
- AHERA Asbestos Inspector credentials
- 40-hour Hazwoper-trained
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment such as hard hats, earplugs, safety glasses, respirators, steel-toed boots, fall protection harnesses; and
- Must be able to walk on uneven surfaces, climb ladders and stand for extended periods.
About 30% of travel is required within Georgia. Travel outside Georgia is possible but infrequent.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.