About the job
Director of Business Development for EHS Consulting Services: https://www.chubb.com/us-en/business-insurance/global-risk-advisors.html [chubb.com]
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
Chubb Global Risk Advisors is a global consulting enterprise which provides health, safety, environmental, and engineering services to clients across the globe.
Chubb Global Risk Advisors will be the preferred provider of consulting and compliance services in the unbundled market while maintaining our underwriting and loss control capabilities to support Chubb. Our relentless focus on the customer experience will build our brand preference. Our customers will define us as customer-focused, experienced, flexible, creative and efficient.
Plan, coordinate, and execute business development strategies.
- Direct EHS service(s) lead generation and sales for assigned territory
- Develop and manage relationships with buyers of HSE consulting services
- Meet sales objectives
- Use of Customer Relationship Management tool to track and measure sales metrics
- Coordinate activities to enhance presence, commitment, and capabilities in the marketplace
- Implement target industry, service, and account strategies
- Technical Environmental Health and Safety expertise (non-remediation)
- Able to provide senior level HSE technical support
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong marketing orientation with demonstrated ability to effectively interact with HSE buyers
- Experience in HSE sales in a consulting environment
- Ability to manage deadlines and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong presentation, research and analytical Skills
- Accuracy, efficiency, quality and good judgment
- Excellent oral and written presentation/communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in an Environmental Health and Safety related field
Chubb Global Risk Advisors is a service of ESIS®, Inc., a Chubb company. Chubb Global Risk Advisors provides claim and risk management services to a wide variety of commercial clients. ESIS’ innovative best-in-class approach to program design, integration, and achievement of results aligns with the needs and expectations of our clients’ unique risk management needs. With more than 60 years of experience, and offerings in both the US and globally, ESIS provides one of the industry’s broadest selections of risk management solutions covering both pre and post-loss services. Chubb is the marketing name used to refer to subsidiaries of Chubb Limited providing insurance and related services. For more information, visit us at www.chubb.com [chubb.com].
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran, or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Lewis Chemical Company
Compliance Specialist Rome, Floyd, GA (30165) Number of openings: 1 Working days: Weekdays but may vary Normal work shifts: Varies Salaried, Exempt position
A chemical company located in Rome, GA that has been in business for 15 years has an immediate opening for experienced Compliance Specialist.
· Maintain and provide oversight of TLC’s Process Safety Management (PSM) Program. Oversees development, updating, and implementation of PSM program.
· Ability to oversee development, updating, and implementation of cGMP (Current Good Manufacturing Practice) program.
· Ability to oversee development, updating, and implementation of RSPO (Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil) program.
· Provides expertise and knowledge of existing and emerging global chemical regulations, their applicability and analysis for chemical regulations in North America and other regions. Manage processes aimed at maintaining product compliance.
· Maintain and utilize Datacor ERP regulatory data system to include loading Dangerous Goods and assessing raw materials.
· Communicate with team and associates to maintain centralized database or repository of information on The Lewis Chemical Co raw and finished materials.
· Provides written and verbal communication in response to internal and external customer inquiries for regulatory and environmental compliance.
· Performs product registration renewals, including EPA and state registrations; processes related fees and tracks progress of registration completion.
· Facilitates EHS and regulatory related training of employees. Performs other administrative duties to support regulatory affairs.
· Conducts and assists with completion of regulatory, safety, and internal audits, including conducting an annual audit of the EHS policies.
· Develop and manage programs that comply with global, federal, state, and local regulations and industry best practices.
· Development, updating, and implementation of cGMP (Current Good Manufacturing Practice) program.
· Development, updating, and implementation of RSPO (Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil) program.
· Inspect or evaluate workplace environments, equipment, or practices to ensure compliance with safety standards and government regulations.
· Communicate with laboratory technicians regarding product information.
· Uses information systems to input data, maintains databases, performs research for projects or issues, generates reports, etc.
· Maintains quality/quantity standards. Interprets operating policies and procedures.
· Verifies contracts or forms for completeness and accuracy of information.
· Updates and maintains all necessary records and/or logs.
· May act as representative for department at internal company meetings. Makes formal presentations as assigned.
· Ensures timely completion of department's work.
· Maintain inventories of hazardous materials or hazardous wastes, using waste tracking systems to ensure that materials are handled properly.
· * The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time
· Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in a science or business discipline
· Minimum Experience: 1 Year Combined education/experience as substitute for min. experience
· Preferred Experience: 3-5 years of experience in manufacturing
· Preferred Field-of-Expertise: Chemical Manufacturing
· Certifications: DOT HAZMAT/IMDG Certification, OSHA HAZWOPER 40 hour course
· Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems time efficiently; Gathers and analyzes information; Develops solutions; Uses reason.
· Oral Communication – Able to comprehend and fluently speak the English language; Speaks clearly and persuasively; Listens and gets clarification when necessary; Responds informatively to questions.
· Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks. Goal driven with excellent work ethic.
· Professionalism - Approaches others in a polite and tactful manner; Maintains composure and reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration; Follows through on commitments.
· Written Communication - Writes clearly and concisely; Edits work; Varies writing style to meet specific needs; Presents data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
· Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and within budget.
· Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues developmental opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
· Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with occasional change, delays, or unexpected events.
· Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Conserves company resources.
· Managing People - Includes staff in planning and decision-making processes; Makes self accessible to staff; Provides regular feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; Seeks to improve processes, products and services.
· Microsoft Office Applications
· Complex Problem Solving
· Critical Thinking
· Quality Control Analysis
· Systems Analysis
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the Company reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, or etc.). THIS IS NOT A CONTRACT. WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE. Only those who meet all qualifications need apply. Job Type: Full-time 40+ hours per week
Salary and Benefits
Salaried, Exempt position The hours for this role are Full-time, Permanent Leave benefits include Paid holidays and Vacation/paid time off Retirement benefits include ESOP and 401K Insurance benefits provided by the company include Life, GMB, and Teladoc
Required notice about this job Criminal background check notice Individuals with conviction or arrest histories are not prohibited from applying for this job. The public workforce system has identified criminal record exclusions or restrictions in the attached job announcement. These exclusions or restrictions may be unlawful under certain circumstances. Therefore, the system is providing this notice to job seekers.
We are employee owned and offer a competitive wage as well as a comprehensive benefit package including group medical bridge, life, 401K, and optional medical, dental, and vision. Resumes may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A fellowship opportunity is available with the Office of Community Health and Hazard Assessment (OCHHA), of the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR) at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in Atlanta, Georgia.
The selected participant for this opportunity will receive training through ATSDR's Exposure Investigation Section by learning and participating in data analysis and ATSDR’s public health assessment process. The participant will strengthen their skills in data science, data analysis, and data visualization. They will have opportunities to apply their talents at high-profile, nationally-recognized sites, such as:
This opportunity will allow the participant to take part in programs, projects, and activities related to the mission of ATSDR which is to protect communities from harmful health effects related to exposure to natural and man-made hazardous substances. ATSDR does this by responding to environmental health emergencies; investigating emerging environmental health threats; conducting research on the health impacts of hazardous waste sites; and building capabilities of and providing actionable guidance to state and local health partners.
If you have questions, send an email to ORISE.CDC.ATSDR@orau.org. Please include the reference code for this opportunity in your email.
Application Deadline: 7/6/2021 3:00:00 PM Eastern Time Zone
To apply for the fellowship, please see the listing: https://www.zintellect.com/Opportunity/Details/CDC-ATSDR-2021-0161
Call for applications: EI2-SHES Project Manager/Industrial Hygienist: Occupational Health/Industrial Hygiene. This position directly supports the extension, service, and economic development missions of Georgia Tech to the State of Georgia and beyond. As part of the Georgia Tech Enterprise Innovation Institute (EI2), primarily this role provides consultative services in the areas of Safety, Health, and Environmental Services (SHES). EI2 Occupational Health professionals provide consulting to small businesses in the state of Georgia under a grant from the Department of Labor-OSHA and in conjunction with the Georgia Tech Onsite OSHA Consultation program. This position will specialize in occupational health and industrial engineering services to EI2-SHES clients.
For more information about EI2 and the SHES Program see: https://innovate.gatech.edu/ [innovate.gatech.edu] & https://oshainfo.gatech.edu/ [oshainfo.gatech.edu]
Hiring Manager for this Role: Jenny Houlroyd (email@example.com)
For more information and to apply see:
Apex Companies is one of the fastest growing environmental consulting and engineering firms in the US. Apex is hiring an industrial hygienist / assistant project manager position for their Kennesaw, Georgia office. For additional details and to apply: https://j.brt.mv/jb.do?reqGK=27489870&refresh=true.
Northrop Grumman’s Advanced Technology Laboratories (ATL) in Linthicum, MD, is seeking a Principal/Sr. Principal EHS Engineer to support occupational health programs. Full details regarding the position are available at the Northrop Grumman Career page, https://www.northropgrumman.com/careers/experienced-professionals/ [northropgrumman.com]. To find it, select "SEARCH ALL US JOBS". Then search by keyword "Industrial Hygienist".
Key roles and responsibilities include:
Anyone who might be interested can contact John L. Parker, CIH at this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Another great opportunity for those looking.
Colden Corporation is seeking an EHS Specialist to work out of our Atlanta, Georgia office supporting TV/Film production and other clients. This is a full-time position working within a dynamic consulting environment. You will work closely with a team of CIHs and CSPs, providing opportunities for growth and a path towards your certification(s), if desired.
Do you enjoy safety implementation, training and travel? Are you an organized and efficient manager of safety policies? Are you a “hands-on” person that enjoys working in a team environment? As Safety Director with ESG Operations, Inc. you will be able to use your skills and knowledge to make a difference in your company and community.
The Safety & Risk Management Director will work at the ESG Operations, Inc. Corporate Office in Macon, GA. You will lead the implementation and management of ESG Corporate Safety Policies and Risk Management Program; manage the safety audit and risk assessment program; and manage, coordinate, and conduct safety training. We are looking for you to be able to travel up to 50% of the time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Maintain accident-injury records and related costs and loss in coordination with existing systems and reporting; maintains departmental safety reporting system to include reports and follow-up, and statistical analysis of work-related injuries in order to make recommendations for reducing such injuries.
The purpose of this position is to ensure Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) compliance, focusing on occupational safety programs. Responsible for managing and administering company policies and procedures to support Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards, other local/state/federal EHS regulations, and industry best practices to ensure compliance across regionalized Southern Company Gas employee work groups and territories (including non-reg).
This position is part of a job family of individual contributor positions that spans from entry level safety compliance positions (i.e., recent college grad) through seasoned safety professionals with decades of knowledge and experience, and substantial budgetary responsibility. The three position titles 1) Specialist I, Safety Compliance; 2) Specialist II, Safety Compliance; and 3) Specialist Sr. Safety Compliance will be based on years of experience and/or education; demonstrated knowledge, skills & ability; complexity of programs administered, risk and responsibility, and budgetary value managed. Additionally, competency criticality is elevated with each position with higher risk elements.
•BA/BS degree in Occupational Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Engineering or other related technical or science degree
Certification such as CSP (Certified Safety Professional), CIH (Certified Industrial Hygienist), PMP (Project Management Professional) or equivalent
Related Work Experience:
Specialist I, Safety Compliance
· Minimum of 1-2 years experience in occupational safety, motor vehicle safety, process/contractor safety, and/or industrial hygiene
· Working knowledge of OSHA/DOT regulations and programs
· Implements safety programs and initiatives to field operations employees/contractors
· Utilizes compliance software systems and databases
· Develops and conducts safety related training and presentations
· Presents safety related data and proposed action plans to leadership to improve safety performance
· Equivalent academic education and experience
Specialist II, Safety Compliance
· Minimum of 2-4 years experience in occupational safety, motor vehicle safety, process/contractor safety, and/or industrial hygiene
Specialist Sr., Safety Compliance
· Minimum of 4-6 years experience in occupational safety, motor vehicle safety, process/contractor safety, and/or industrial hygiene
Specific Skills & Knowledge:
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Knowledge of safe work practices and procedures
· MS Office Suite - intermediate proficiency, ability to learn other databases and technology tools quickly
· Project management skills
· Strong organizational and time management skills
· Ability to manage multiple projects with limited supervision
· Ability to understand and analyze legislation and regulation and translate into corporate summaries and policy
· Competency to work independently, to be a self-starter, and take initiative
· Strong presentation and team facilitation skills
Specialist II, Safety Compliance
· Strong leadership skills
· MS Office Suite – intermediate proficiency, ability to learn other databases and technology tools quickly
· Ability to implement Safety Culture programs to improve safety performance
· Strong leadership skills and skills
· Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate to all levels of the organization
· MS Office Suite – advanced proficiency, ability to learn other databases and technology tools quickly
· Strong competence in implementation of Safety Culture programs to improve safety performance
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
· Travel requirements: 20-50% local and overnight air travel.
· On-call duties: Ability to respond to urgent EHS issues when contacted.
· Physical demands: Prolonged Standing or Walking: This position requires frequently prolonged standing and/or walking.
· Ability to lift up to 15 pounds.
· Work environment: office environment and may be exposed to varying outdoor weather conditions when working with field operations, conducting facility inspections, facilitating assessments, etc.
· Shift work: Ability to work day and night shift may be required.
Director, Corporate Safety
Southern Company Gas - Process Safety Engineer
The purpose of this position is to ensure effective administration of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration’s (OSHA) Process Safety Management (PSM) program as “Best Practice” guidelines for Southern Company Gas facilities and operations. Responsible for development, management, and administration of PSM corporate policies and procedures for applicable business units such as Peaking Operations, Midstream Operations, Gas Supply Operations, etc. Functions as a program/project manager for PSM activities such as hazard assessments, change management, and start-up reviews to ensure the safety and reliability of Southern CompanyGas facilities, equipment, and processes.
Works independently on complex assignments that require specialized knowledge in an engineering or process safety discipline. Assigned tasks often involve the development of new or improved products/processes or techniques. Generally functions as project or program manager.
•BA/BS degree in Engineering, Process Safety, Industrial Hygiene or other related technical or science degree
Preferred: Certification such as CSP (Certified Safety Professional), PE (Professional Engineer), PMP (Project Management Professional) or equivalent
Equivalent academic education and experience
· 5-7 years of progressive Engineering and Process Safety experience
· Practical experience for field application of safety programs
· Working knowledge of OSHA regulations and programs
· Conducting safety related assessments and inspections
· Safety related regulation interpretation and developing appropriate corporate safety policies
· Use and configuration of compliance software systems and databases
· Safety related training and presentations
Specific Skills& Knowledge:
· Working knowledge of applicable Federal and State regulations (e.g. OSHA)
· Ability to understand and analyze legislation and regulation and translate into corporate policy
· Ability to influence and persuade in decision making
• Travel requirements: Regular (20-50% travel) Traveler: The incumbent may be required to travel on a regular basis. Trips will likely require air travel and/or overnight stay away from home for one or more nights.
• On-call duties: Must be able to respond to urgent EHS issues when contacted on mobile communication device as issues arise including after hours.
• Physical demands: Prolonged Standing or Walking: This position frequently requires prolonged standing or walking.
• Work environment: The incumbent works in an office environment and may be exposed to varying outdoor weather conditions when working with field operations, conducting facility inspections, facilitating assessments, etc.
IH Job Posting Sites
© Georgia Local Section, AIHA