Northrop Grumman’s Advanced Technology Laboratories (ATL) in Linthicum, MD, is seeking a Principal/Sr. Principal EHS Engineer to support occupational health programs. Full details regarding the position are available at the Northrop Grumman Career page, https://www.northropgrumman.com/careers/experienced-professionals/ [northropgrumman.com]. To find it, select "SEARCH ALL US JOBS". Then search by keyword "Industrial Hygienist".
Key roles and responsibilities include:
- Develops, implements, and maintains occupational health programs to ensure compliance, injury prevention, and risk mitigation.
- Oversees the following occupational health programs: asbestos/lead abatement, hearing conservation, respiratory protection, hazard communication, ventilation, non-ionizing radiation (lasers and radio frequency), and chemical hygiene plans.
- Conducts qualitative and quantitative hazard assessments to include exposure monitoring for physical and chemical agents.
- Completes industrial and office ergonomic evaluations to reduce risk factors that cause musculoskeletal disorders.
- Conducts internal compliance inspections and identifies actions necessary to meet regulatory requirements.
- Reviews and interprets existing and proposed environmental, health, and safety (EHS) regulations to determine applicability and impact for site.
- Partners with engineers, scientists, and management to support the integration of EHS into the design of new or altered processes and operations and building construction projects.
- Works to continuously improve the culture, awareness and accountability of EHS programs.
- Interfaces with regulatory representatives, senior management, the site EHS Committee, and the Emergency Response, and Crisis Management teams.
Anyone who might be interested can contact John L. Parker, CIH at this email address: email@example.com