Do you enjoy safety implementation, training and travel? Are you an organized and efficient manager of safety policies? Are you a “hands-on” person that enjoys working in a team environment? As Safety Director with ESG Operations, Inc. you will be able to use your skills and knowledge to make a difference in your company and community.
The Safety & Risk Management Director will work at the ESG Operations, Inc. Corporate Office in Macon, GA. You will lead the implementation and management of ESG Corporate Safety Policies and Risk Management Program; manage the safety audit and risk assessment program; and manage, coordinate, and conduct safety training. We are looking for you to be able to travel up to 50% of the time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and promote an effective Safety and Risk Management Program for ESG Operations, Inc.; including partnering with ESG Management to develop and implement Safety Goals and Priorities at multiple facilities in five states.
- Manage the Risk Assessment Program to identify risks to the employees and public associated with ESG project operations. Partner with ESG Management to develop and implement safe work procedures, engineering and administration controls to reduce injury risk at ESG Operations.
- Lead the Safety Training and Education Program. Coordinate and/or conduct Safety Training on a variety of subjects to include: technical safety subjects (confined space, lock out tag out, hazard communication, etc.); safety leadership for managers and supervisors; safe work procedures and processes; proper safety behavior practices; and other subjects to assist in the goal of risk and injury reduction.
- Provide health and safety support to ESG managers and employees to consult, confer and provide assistance on employee safety related matters and risks. Perform due diligence of potential new projects and Health & Safety start up support for new projects.
- Manage the Health & Safety Audit Program to identify hazards and safety program deficiencies at ESG projects. Develop action plans to address the hazards and deficiencies; and work with project management to implement leading edge and cost effective control and improvement actions.
- Lead the Incident Investigation / Analysis Program to identify root causes and control measures for accidents, injuries and losses.
· Maintain accident-injury records and related costs and loss in coordination with existing systems and reporting; maintains departmental safety reporting system to include reports and follow-up, and statistical analysis of work-related injuries in order to make recommendations for reducing such injuries.
- Lead the Injury Management and Worker’s Compensation Management Program from injury reporting to return to full duty. This will include initial injury management, monitoring of diagnosis and treatment, Return to Work and Fitness for Duty requirements.
- Provide support and direction for ESG’s Emergency Management Programs.
- Manage Fleet Maintenance and DOT compliance programs ensuring records, inspections and forms comply with local and state rules as well as Federal Department of Transportation regulations.
- Maintain knowledge and technical proficiency of safety, risk management, and applicable personnel laws, regulations, and policies; including all related federal, state and local laws and ordinances; applies principles and methods of safety engineering; understands the operation of equipment used and materials handled or can readily acquire such information.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred but will accept experience in leu of degree
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) and/or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) or the ability to achieve one of the certifications within 5 years of hire date.
- 10 years of experience in safety and risk management
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Willing to work in both a professional office and utility setting
- Required travel – up to 50%
ESG Operations, Inc.
ESG Operations provides full-service operation, maintenance, management, and consulting services to government and private sector entities across the Southeast. We also provide a partnership based on shared values and goals and a deep understanding of the challenges that face communities. At ESG Operations, our employees are our greatest asset and the foundation for our success.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a generous benefits and bonus plan. Comprehensive benefits package includes health, dental and life insurance, 401(k) plan, short term and long-term disability, paid time off, sick leave, and holidays.
ESG Operations, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a certified Drug Free Workplace.
Learn more about ESG Operations, Inc. at www.esginc.net.