Senior Industrial Hygienist
HazTek Inc. is one of the nation’s largest and most experienced occupational health and safety management firms. We are known for our professional consulting services and premium safety training and we are trusted for our effectiveness in keeping workers safe today – so employees and businesses will be here tomorrow. HazTek is growing and currently seeking outstanding performers to join our team.
HazTek was recently honored by Inc. Magazine — for the fifth time — as one of America’s fastest-growing private companies. In 2018, HazTek was recognized by NJBIZ as one of New Jersey’s Top 250 privately-held companies.
We offer competitive compensation and a great benefits package including, but not limited to, medical, dental, life insurance, long-term disability, paid time off, 401(k), professional development, and education assistance. Please go to www.haztekinc.com to learn more about our Company.
The key functions of the Sr. Industrial Hygienist is to support specific project needs and ensure that best practices are implemented, safety compliance requirements are met, and an improved safety culture and performance is delivered across a large, heavy industrial construction project.
- Perform health risk assessments, industrial hygiene evaluations and related environmental health monitoring for hazards such as noise, silica, hex-chrome, VOC’s and heat stress
- Responsible for lab submittal of all samples, review lab results and documentation
- Develop confided space plans and permitting as well as support CSE tasks in progress
- Provide field and office assistance to industrial hygienists/technicians, construction safety professionals and other HSE staff
- Conduct daily field safety audits and inspections
- Complete incident investigation reports as necessary
- Able to work extended 10 to 12 hour days, at least six days per week
- Minimum 5+ years of field IH experience
- Bachelor's degree in physical sciences, biological sciences, or engineering with an emphasis on environmental health and/or industrial hygiene from an accredited college or university, preferred.
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) preferred
- First Aid/CPR
- Keen observation and reporting skills
- Strong computer and data entry skills
- Able to walk up to 8 hours per day covering all types of terranes, enter confided spaces, and climb scaffold/ladders.
Experience preferred in the following areas:
- Nuclear Power Plant
- Chemical Plant
Integrity | Compassion | Dependability | Support | Accountability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status
Interested candidates should contact:
Kevin J. McMahon, CIH
Director, Technical Services
143 Medford Mount Holly Road
Medford, NJ 08055