The Vertex Companies, Inc. (VERTEX) is looking for an experienced Industrial Hygienist to join the Industrial Hygiene & Building Sciences team for our Ft. Lauderdale, Florida office. We are seeking industrial hygienists experienced and certified in Industrial Hygiene exposure monitoring, indoor air quality monitoring, and Asbestos and Mold sampling and mitigation management. VERTEX is a rapidly growing, multi-national consulting firm that is experiencing exponential growth, and we’re looking to augment our team of talented individuals. The individual we are looking for will enjoy the challenge of working on multiple projects on a fast-paced schedule, working with senior staff, and providing field oversight on a variety of projects. More specific details are described below.
- Conduct industrial hygiene evaluations, to include indoor air quality monitoring, chemical exposure monitoring, noise, health and safety training, and comprehensive industrial hygiene.
- Conduct/Direct field investigations activities, including indoor air quality, industrial/occupational hygiene evaluations, asbestos sampling, mold evaluations, water intrusion and waterborne/airborne pathogens.
- Oversee and review Industrial Hygiene/Asbestos/Mold/Indoor Air Quality-related litigation and insurance claims.
- Asbestos, Lead-in-Paint, Regulated Materials/Universal Waste, Mold, and Water Intrusion.
- Asbestos abatement oversight and air monitoring
- Collect indoor air samples.
- Analyze laboratory and engineering data.
- Write claim review and summary reports for senior review.
- Represent VERTEX to the client in a professional manner.
- Schedule and coordinate subcontractor activities for project.
- Prepare and implement Health and Safety Plans for the site where required.
- Make employee safety a priority both in-house and on-site, in accordance with corporate policy.
- 3-5 years of experience in the comprehensive field of industrial hygiene, including chemical exposure monitoring using real-time and battery-operated sampling pumps.
- Experience in the execution of Asbestos and Mold Assessments.
- Frequent travel and/or field work (valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle required).
- Seek opportunities to expand client services with existing and new clients as part of ongoing business development.
- Able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with co-workers, clients and subcontractors.
- Able to work with minimal oversight, but take direction from Senior managers.
- Able to meet deadlines, both internally and externally.
- Other project duties as assigned by senior staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Science-related field, Microbiology, Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, or related environmental field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in technical activities directly related to industrial hygiene-related activities, asbestos, lead-in-paint, mold/moisture intrusion, including report writing.
Knowledge & Skills
- Must be able to perform complex tasks and handle multiple priorities, and have the ability to perform exceptionally under high stress conditions.
- Knowledge of computer operations and standard software packages (word processing, spreadsheets, Adobe) required.
- Proficiency or working knowledge of CAD a plus.
- State of Florida certification as an Asbestos Inspector, Asbestos Air Monitor, and/or Asbestos Project Designer
- Professional education in Mold-related assessments
- Position requires Health & Safety Certification pursuant to OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120 (HAZWOPER 40 Hour) – training provided if required.
- OSHA 10 or 30-Hour training is preferred, training provided if necessary.
- Walk job sites during inspections, sometimes on uneven terrain.
- Carry field testing equipment (up to 30 pounds) onto job sites with regularity.