Industrial Hygienist Sr
Sentry’s dedication to customer service is embodied by our best employees. At Sentry, our associates take care of our customers with a passion for service and delivering business results. We are seeking an experienced, self-motivated, technical and results driven individual to fill a highly skilled position in our National Accounts - IH Services Division. As an Industrial Hygiene Consultant Sr. you will work with Corporate Risk Management, Safety Management, and Plant/Facility Management contacts as well as brokerage firms to complete Industrial Hygiene Services for our casualty line of business primarily for our National Account customers with premium in excess of $500,000.
What You'll Do
The following are some of the responsibilities of the National Account IH Services Consultant that would be located preferably in Charlotte, NC; secondary locations include Atlanta, GA or Greensboro, NC. Travel responsibilities would include the eastern seaboard and gulf coast.
- Act as a Team Leader and conduct industrial hygiene field consultation service (noise, air quality, IAQ, etc.) for National Accounts customers. Provide industrial hygiene services for standard commercial lines customers, underwriting, and fee service customers at the request of IH or Safety Services management.
- Anticipate, recognize, evaluate potential health hazards, and assist customers by recommending proper controls for ACGIH and OSHA guidelines.
- Review, assist with development and/or coordinate specific risk improvement or regulatory mandated programs. Coordinate the implementation of these programs with the customer and the safety services consultant.
- Provide technical expertise for the development of industrial hygiene-related technical bulletins or information sheets.
- Provide training for customers, safety services consultants, or Sentry Insurance employees in industrial hygiene-related areas.
- Assist sales and underwriting by providing information about prospective customer's processes and potential exposures on conditions that may lead to occupational disease as directed by Industrial Hygiene Management.
- Assist Sentry Insurance claims department with review or evaluation of occupational disease claims that may have arisen from specific process or workplace exposures.
- Maintain and calibrate field equipment on a scheduled basis. Ensure that field work is done in a timely and professional manner.
What it Takes
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent within the Safety Sciences area is required (i.e., Industrial Hygiene, Degree in Analytical Chemistry, or a related science and/or engineering field).
- 3+ years of related work experience.
- M.S. Degree in industrial hygiene, or occupational and environmental health preferred.
- Certification by the American Board of Industrial Hygiene in the comprehensive practice or other specialty aspect of industrial hygiene is preferred. or a willingness to achieve the CIH Designation in 3 – 5 years.
- Demonstrated competency in field consultation and familiarity with current industrial hygiene technology.
- Leadership skills, proactive attitude, proficient technical writing and communication skills.
- An acceptable motor vehicle record and ability to perform extensive travel is required (50% - 75% travel).
What You'll Receive
There is a reason why Sentry made Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers in 2017 and 2018. At Sentry, we recognize there are many factors that contribute to your overall satisfaction both at work, and in your personal life. So, we provide a perfect mixture of compensation, benefits, company culture, and resources to ensure your everyday happiness. Below are some benefits that you’ll receive.
- Competitive compensation to reward you for your hard work every day.
- Generous Paid-Time Off Plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help fund your future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Volunteer Time Off so you can dedicate time to the community.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
How You’ll Apply
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please upload your resume directly, in addition to completing your online application details.
Who You’ll Want to Contact
Apryl Marti at 6186551707
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.