Industrial Hygiene Specialist (posting 045676)
CAMDEN, South Carolina, USA, 29078 - INV-CAMDEN-(s)
INVISTA is a subsidiary of Koch Industries, Inc. which is one of the largest private companies in America with estimated annual revenues as high as $115 billion, according to Forbes. With a presence in about 60 countries, Koch companies employ more than 100,000 people worldwide, with about 60,000 of those in the United States. For more information on INVISTA, visit our website or watch this video to see how our business makes a difference.
The Camden Site currently has an opening for an Industrial Hygiene professional. This role reports to the site’s Health and Safety Manager and provides site-wide IH related safety and health support.
This is a day-based assignment (generally Monday through Friday, 8-10 hour days), with work schedule requiring flexible hours as needed to meet business demands.
This position develops and implements management systems and provides oversight for work processes under applicable OSHA, SCDHEC, and INVISTA standards. Major program areas include, but are not limited to: exposure assessment, new chemical approval / inventory management, respiratory protection, noise, radiation, HAZCOM, personal protective equipment, ergonomics, dust, lead-based paint, asbestos, product stewardship, IH-related employee training, etc.
- Execute facility industrial hygiene plan with an emphasis on compliance with established regulations, corporate standards, and site procedures.
- Coordinate / manage site programs including SDS (Safety Data Sheets), asbestos/ lead-based paint, radiation safety, hearing conservation, personal protective equipment, industrial hygiene, and other occupational health systems.
- Provide routine safety and health services including: site auditing, employee training, and program development.
- Develop / manage ongoing assessment plan and exposure monitoring
- Interpret regulations and standards and provide compliance / technical guidance
- Develop and implement industrial hygiene compliance training programs
- Establish and communicate health and safety compliance expectations, metrics and performance results and effectiveness
- Support auditing activities and corrective action recommendations
- Manage and maintain all IH-related records
- Provide industrial hygiene approval and safety guidance to:
- R&D and Process laboratories and R&D semi-works
- Capital / Construction project support
- New chemical and new product IH compliance
- Facilitate new hire training and interact with contractors
Required Skills and Experience:
- Able to produce accurate, high quality work in a fast-paced environment
- Organized and able to prioritize while meeting / exceeding deadlines
- Strong communication skills at all levels, both orally and in writing
- Ability/initiative to influence and be a change agent with minimal supervision
- Team player able to lead, motivate, coach teams and set direction
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills including chemical analysis
- Bachelor’s Degree in industrial hygiene, chemistry, chemical engineering or related technical field
- Eligible for Industrial Hygienist certification
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in the industrial hygiene /safety field with occupational health programs in an industrial or manufacturing setting
- Knowledge of applicable OSHA, ANSI, and ACGIH standards and requirements
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) designation
- Specialized training in chemical toxicology
- Asbestos Supervisor and Inspector Certifications
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling
- Willing and able to work in a hot/humid, cold and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations including wearing personal protective equipment
- Willing and able to work an 8 to 10-hour shift with flexibility on weekends & holidays
INVISTA is among the world's largest integrated producers of polymers and fibers, primarily for nylon, spandex and polyester applications. With a business presence in more than 20 countries, INVISTA delivers exceptional value for its customers through market insights, technology innovations and a powerful portfolio of global trademarks including LYCRA® fiber, COOLMAX® fabric, CORDURA® fabric, STAINMASTER® carpet, and ANTRON® carpet fiber. INVISTA's businesses include Apparel, Intermediates, Performance Surfaces & Materials, and Performance Technologies. You may not realize it, but INVISTA's products play a role in nearly every aspect of your life. For example, INVISTA fibers may be in your carpet, clothing or bedding--and INVISTA polymers may be in your car, food packaging or camping gear. We transform daily life through innovations that create long-term value for our customers and society. You can be a part of the difference by joining the INVISTA team.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf