Apply here --> https://careers.chubb.com/global/en/job/337676/CGRA-Senior-Ergonomics-and-HSE-Field-Consultant
The role of the HSE Ergonomics Technician is integral in ensuring customer satisfaction and the profitable growth of Chubb Global Risk Advisors (CGRA). We work with our clients to understand their specific needs and provide customized solutions with projects ranging from Technology, Finance, Biotech, to Education, Automotive/Aerospace and more.
This role regularly interfaces with all levels of HSE operations, CGRA Sales and Marketing, Contractors, OCIP’s and CCIP’s, Chubb Underwriting, MGA’s and MGU’s and broker partners. Provides Health, Safety, and Environmental consultative services to assigned clients in a specific territory. Travel required to support Chubb Global Risk Advisors clients regionally and occasionally throughout the US.
Development in ergonomics-based safety and loss mitigation practices. Ability to conduct intensive multi-line ergonomic risk assessments in manufacturing, health/high tech and service industries; performing ergonomics training for all levels; developing risk and work injury management consulting programs; and coordinating closely with other ESIS HSE personnel to effectively manage client outcomes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Field Consultant Service Revenue with assigned goal (varies each year)
- Responsible for efficient and cost-effective delivery of field resources with results and measurement systems in place.
- Client Servicing and Relationship Building
- Ability to present to clients and interact in the delivery of safety-based services and deliverables
- Ability to create and sustain relationships with HS&E Consultants, HS&E Management, clients and business partners
- Must have some working knowledge relating to a variety of industrial operations and processes and the potential they present for ergonomic and safety exposures.
- Basic knowledge of applicable ergo standards, guidelines and codes relating to ergo exposure control for various hazards, industries, substances and operations.
- Assess customer or prospective customer operations to determine scope and type of business, processes and product/services performed, especially as it relates to ergonomics.
- Determine adequacy of hazard controls in all areas of coverage/exposure through interview, onsite observation, loss/incident report review
- Determines the appropriate loss control intervention(s) and alternatives based on the accounts’ hazards and loss control problems
- Assists customer on implementation of Health and Safety programs
- Effective in setting and/or implementing loss reduction / prevention actions and measuring the impact on profitability.
- Able to use technology to provide state of the art risk assessment and benchmarking tools.
- Actively participates in new business and renewal presentations.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to manage deadlines and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Good research and analytical Skills
- Accuracy, efficiency, quality and good judgment
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in applicable field
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
DESIRED SKILLS AND BEHAVIORS
- Combines both logical and conceptual thinking to draw conclusions from complex information
- Demonstrates initiative and ownership in seeking and addressing opportunities and correction or overcoming problems
- Collaborative actions in support of other HSE divisions such as BDM, AM, IH, Ergo, etc.
- Demonstrates high energy
- Displays intellectual curiosity; thinks innovatively
- Takes responsibility for own personal growth and development
- Problem solver; does what is correct on their own
- Team builder; develops relationships and works well with others
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Self-motivated, self manages and disciplined
- Travel required
- Development towards professional designations that relate to safety and/or ergonomics
- Professional Activities (desired but not required):
- ASSE member (general) and member of sub-specialty for ergonomics
Location – East Coast Region - Washington DC to Atlanta
Travel – Yes, 60 % of the Time